Flying High


 *Note: this post is from yesterday. I finally reached Arezzo, but that post will have to wait until after I succumb to jet lag...*
     
     One broken backpack, ten packs of tissues, and a few restless nights later, I am finally at the airport, waiting to board.
     I’d like to take this time, ladies and gentlemen, to draw your attention to a travel miracle: I fit everything into one suitcase. One. Suitcase. My life’s possessions for the next four months have been neatly folded into a simple, black 27” container. I even had room for a towel!
     The only problem I've had to deal with so far is a cold which crept up from behind and proceeded to launch a severe frontal assault on my nasal passages. No worries there, though; a mom came to the rescue. Megan’s mom, that is. The night before I was to travel, I told her of my plight and she swiftly opened the medicine cabinet and started to pile pills on the counter. The following conversation took place:

Mega-Mom: Take this, and… oh, oregano. Take some of that too.
Me: Those are huge and a weird green color.
Megan: What do they do?
Mega-Mom: They… not sure, but they make you feel better. Just take them.

     I didn’t care how sketchy it sounded. I popped all of those pills so nonchalantly you’d think I regularly ingested strange herbal supplements. And you know what? I’m feeling much better. You may think the moral of this story is: when you feel terrible, take a bunch of medicine to make it go away. And you would be wrong.  It’s actually: Trust your mother, or your friend’s mother, because she has good drugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment