Mio Apartamento

Top 5 Things I Love About My Apartment:

1) The views from the balconies. Yes, we have more than one balcony. We even have a separate, enclosed balcony for hanging things up to dry. The view from my roommates' room is much better - you can see all the way up the hill to the duomo - but I like the view from my room just as well. You can see the train station and the more modern side of town. Here it is below:

2) The trinkets. Apparently our landlord's mother used to live in our apartment, and the decor attests to this. There are little details everywhere: tassels on the curtains, doilies on the chair, gold and black varnish everywhere. To be honest, it kind of looks like a garage sale in here, but I love it. We even have a hat stand!

3) The grandfather clock. Sitting opposite the front door, it's one of the first things you see when you walk in. Huge and ornate and, well, clocky, this grandiose specimen is a treat for the eyes. Too bad it doesn't work anymore; it's merely for decoration.

4) I also love the fact that to flush the toilet, you have to pull a cord from the ceiling. Oh yes.

5) And lastly, the floors. Every room has a different kind of floor. Some are tile, like the bright orange squares in the bathroom. Some are vinyl, like the brown and tan design in the kitchen. The entryway looks like marble. I like the floor in my room most of all. Here's a sneak preview:

     All that said, my apartment is pretty hard to describe. It has so much character that I feel a little unworthy of abiding in it. I'm sure I'll get used to it, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment